Altec Model 19s at home and a question

I got my Altec Model 19s home this afternoon and sat down this evening for some serious listening. The speakers are very detailed and dynamic, but I shortly became aware that one speaker seemed to be playing considerably louder than the other. I seemed to be getting sound out of both drivers on both speakers.

I am not going to panic (yet) about this because I have had this situation before when one speaker had a poorly connected cable or perhaps for some other reason. I am too tired to try any longer this evening to run down this problem's cause. I will try to run it down over the next day or two, but let me ask now that if it is the speakers themselves, that are at fault what is the most likely cause and how might I best go about trying to solving it?

I couldn't let this issue rest despite being tired, so I rechecked the speaker connections just now and resolved the problem of differing volume on the two speakers. I did something stupid when I hooked them up. Both speakers sound equal in volume now.

I will report my impressions after I have had a chance to accommodate myself to the speakers, find a correct location for them and do some serious auditioning.

These things are huge!

Best,

George Roland