Image S4 or Custom 2 - Which one best fits my case?

joshualeon

Hi guys!I'm in need of a new pair of headphones and as I googled for headphone reviews, the Image S4's clearly stood out. Since they're out of stock almost everywhere, I turned to the other available models and since that the Custom 2's are on sale for more or less the same money, I don't know what to do. Which ones should I get? Is it noticeable the difference in performance among the two?

Here's a little background on my case:

• My budget is <$100- Generally I use headphones daily for 8+ hours.
  • I travel at least 4 times a year and wear headphones for most of the flight duration, so noise isolation is a plus.
  • Comfort is one important aspect since I wear them for long periods of time. Please consider that I wear glasses. (one of the reasons I'm skeptical about the Custom 2's fit)
  • In terms of performance, I usually listen to upbeat music with a good amount of bass, usually from my netbook. I'm not a big iPod user.
  • I take my headphones with me most of the time, so a good/durable carrying case is a matter to consider. Also to consider is the durability and ruggedness of the headphones in general. Even though I treat them very well, the more resistant the better.

I will appreciate any help/advice you can give me.

Thanks! :-)

Custom-2's. I paid $175 for mine and it was the best money I ever spent. I am really tempted to buy a second pair just because they are so cheap. I wear them 8 hours a day without any fatigue at all. They do a good job keeping out noise at human voice frequency range.

My first pair broke in 16 months but there was a 24 month warranty. I am babying the second pair and bought a cheap pair for the more physcial situations.

Make sure the noise coming from your netbook is very low. These things are going way into your ear so you will hear all interference coming out your netbook. I can't use these with my Dell notebook. The output on the Dell is just too noisy. You could buy a inline volume control to take care fo that problem though.

You should look at the Cowon D2 music player. Excellent battery life of 52 hours and has one fo the most customizable EQ's I ever played with. The sound is excellent.

I never listened to the S4's and I don't wear glasses.