iFi - Right channel OUT - blown/leaking capacitors

champ_87

I've read through a bunch of issues with the iFi system and wanted to add my own recent one in case others have similar problems:

I've had my system for about 2 years and it's worked without a problem. It's hooked up to my computer (I don't use it for an iPod system) and always leave it "on". Recently, my right speaker channel stop working. I pulled the amplifier out of the sub and saw I had 2 leaking/blown capacitors. The fuse was not blown. I ordered Xicon direct replacements from Parts Express. At the bottom is a picture of the amp section and I put red numbers at the location for reference here. The 2 leaking capacitors were the ones at location 1 & 5 and you can see the blue replacements installed now. I had ordered an extra capacitor and decided to replace the original one @ location 3 (I know, the pic shows the original one there...I'll get to that).

So I put everything back together, hooked everything up and powered up the system. The power came on for 1 sec and then it all went dead. I opened it up and the fuse was blown ALONG with that new capacitor I put in location 3!! Since that original capacitor in that location seemed fine, I resoldered that one back in there (as you now see in the picture).

Ok, so I am planning on getting a replacement slo-blo fuse and am HOPING everything will be fine (yeah right). But most likely there is now something else a miss. Does any of this sound like an issue anyone else has had? Please help 'cause I love the sound of this little system! ha!

Thanks,

Tom

ps: I know it originally was a 250V 2amp fuse but I read others suggesting to go with a 3amp instead....? Any comments on that?

iFi amplifier