Opinion on setup

KrisM

hmmm, ok a 1000 and 115 are basically the same- 'stubby sub' in heavily ported box. Not exactly tight deep bass but will add somewhat.

The 3000's are the WWR version of KP320 (corrected- thanks) I believe, right? 15" 2-way with 12" passive in bottom port slot/horn thingie?

I'd run the 3000's wide open full range and use the 1000/115 underneath (stacked or with tops on poles) with their internal xover.

The subs will help in delivering clear bass ( or more power handling) because your amount of LF pistons have increased by twofold. They won't probably go any deeper than just the 3000's by themselves.

M

KP-320.pdf

The KPs are 15", horn, and 12" passive radiator in slot.. connection plastic cup says KSM but i was told they were the 3000's.

The kp115sw is ported and has a built in crossover.

How much different is the kp1000cx than the kp115? im assuming not much.. What about physically?

not much- the 4 digit pro model numbers are for a brief period when another company (WWR) manufactured the Klipsch Pro line. They are basically the same model designs, sometimes built of OSB board and carpet covered. Later Klipsch took back over the manufacture of the Pro line and reverted back to the old numbering system.

Old number/ WWR number -> 115- 1000, 250-2502, 320-3000, 480-4000 and so forth.

If you want to use the 3000's FULL Range I'd wire to them first, then to the subs.

WIring into the subs (if they have the X designation meaing High-Pass crossover), one jack will have this filtered output, but it's at 150Hz and I don't think you'd want to use it.

Or in an ideal situation, use electronic crossover and dual amps and run the crossover at about 80-120 Hz.

Michael