Promedia 2.1 preamp connector issues

Hau Rock

I've had a set of promedia 2.1 speakers for about 2 years now, I got them as a gift and they have worked like a charm upuntil now, with only a few minor issues. Now, though, they have suddenly decided not to work as they should. For some reason, the preamp connection is incomplete. I can usually get the 2 speakers to play just fine, by jiggling the preamp cord a bit, or sometimes the subwoofer, but for some reason they will not play at the same time. I can't figure out why. has anyone seen this problem or have any idea how to fix at, or even how to figure out what's actually wrong?

Welcome aboard!

If you search "2.1" in this forum you will find alot of troubleshooting advice for these.

Please confirm what you mean by the "preamp connection"? If you are referring to the DIN plug that goes into the plate amp on the subwoofer, it is HIGHLY likely that you need to replace, or have replaced, the DIN donnector on the end of that cable. At least one member here does this repair and also sells the connector for those with the ablilty and wishing to do it themsleves. I think I also remember reading about others who have replaced this connector with a PS2 keyboard or mouse connector. If you are a do it yourself type, there are many threads here detailing how that connector can be replaced.

You can also buy the whole control pod from Klipsch when they have it in stock.

Good luck!

T