Klipsch Sub 12 Being Discontinued Or Replaced By Newer Product At Best Buy

Klipsch Freak 2009

So they used to carry all of the Reference line and they just stopped and now only carry the Icon Line how long ago was this???

so the same thing must have happened to the Sub-12,do you think in the future they might carry the Reference line again or once they stop carrying a line they never carry it again

Thanks In Advance For The Replys

• 2 weeks later...

Klipsch Freak: Last night (Oct 16) I discovered Klipsch has discontinued the 12 but still carries the 10. It shows on their website. I suspect they discontinued it for two reasons: One, the type of amplifier is prone to blow fuses, but not the new BASH type you see in the newer subs. Second, the market for 12" subs may be slowing down as more people move to smaller systems. The new 12" may be a better option. I was told say with the Reference line rather than the Synergy.

Klipsch Freak and others: I am sorry..I was wrong. On Klipsch's website, only the last subwoofer, the KSW-12, is shown by Klipsch to be discontinued, not the Sub 10 and Sub 12. As another writer (Bill H.) mentioned, we don't know BestBuy's motives, but I do know that here in Las Vegas the Sub 10s and 12s are sold as well as the complete Reference line of subs. And our military stores sell the Sub 10s and 12s, too.I am probably the least knowledgeable person in this forum, but I do know that the two new subs, the 350 and 450, have Class D amplifiers. Everything I've read indicates the BASH type amplifier is better, but I don't know. Again, I am sorry about being wrong regarding the Sub 12s. Klipsch still has them on their site.

Sivadselim: The new 350 and 450 subs have Class D amplifiers which are different than the ones in the Sub 10 and Sub 12. I don't know if they are more problem prone with fuses burning out. I have heard the Sub 12 is not a problem like the Sub 10. I also considered the Reference line with the RW-10D, but many people say it has a lot of port noise. I'm enjoying this forum even though I don't know very much about this stuff. Bob