Does the Image X5 need burn-in?

TJ Max

Oh you're not kidding, I never did like the fit the oval shaped ear tips on the Custom 3s. I used the Shure E4 tips. And for my Image X5 I'm going to be using simular tips that came with my Phonak Auedos PFE. Rounder tips in my ears seal better, allow a more balance of frequencies, and feel better.

As for the Bass, I am really surprised. The bass quantity is a lot stronger than the reviews lead on. If the X10 has more bass then I'm glad I didn't get them it would have been too much for me. Where it does fall short is the Bass 'quality', but any how the bass is a smaller issue for me. I prefer the clarity which I'm not too thrilled with right out of the box.

after getting good seal i noticed low sound notes coming from S4 and bass response filled the music ,

i dont know much about the music , that highs mids etc ,

i heard that heavy bass damages the ear drums .

Have you tried S4 , if yes can you tell me the difference between S4 and X5

I planning to buy the next models

No I haven't tried the S4, those are a little too low-end for my taste. I've really spoiled myself over the years with more higher-end IEMs.
I can only compare the Custom 3 to the X5.

Yes heavy bass can ruin your hearing in those lower frequencies for extended periods of time. Deep in your ears are tiny hairs, they are responsible for capturing and transmitting the frequencies to the ear drum by electrical signals from thier vibrations, the thick hairs handle the low frequencies, the further back, the thinner they get and handle the higher frequencies. These hairs can get worn out when they become over worked for an extended period of time.

Imagine a grassy lawn that you walk across. When you step on the blades of grass they are forced to lay flat. But after a minute or so they slowly start to stand up agian. However if you repeatidly walk on the grass at the same place, those blades of grass will not stand back up, and eventually die. Then you get these patches of dead brown grass on the green lawn. The hair in the ears are the same way, when they are exposed to frequecies at high volumes for long periods of time the hair becomes damaged, You're hearing either becomes numb or you make develope tinitus or ringing in the ears temporarly. When the hairs are no longer able to function, you will no longer be able to hear anything with in the frequency range of the damaged hairs.

my friend purchased 300 $ best earphones 2 years ago , which was top at that time but i cant mention the brand name here

,then he lost his hearing power and then he consulted the doctor , the doctor told him to stop from that listening habit and after some months he came to normal condition and now he is not listening to any headphones , and he suggested me to go with low end which has got the smooth sound,

then i purchased custom 2 and i used it for more than 8 months but i never felt comfort in it ,

then i purchased S4 , i can surely say S4 has got the smooth sound than the custom 2 [:|]