Slight rattle/vibration in left earphone (S4)

yvesbb

Hello,

I have recently bought a pair of Klipsch S4 (my first Klipsch product ever) and I'm very satisfied with the sound quality and bass response, but I have one small problem. Sometimes at certain frequencies (sometimes high sometimes low) there's a slight, almost inaudible rattle in the left earbud. Once you know it's there it's hard to miss and very annoying; even though it happens relatively rarely, I still find myself "waiting" for it to happen. Is this rattle normal? Can it go away with burn in? Should I consider returning them?

Thanks

You do have a point. It only appears in a few songs. Maybe 1 in every 10 songs (but unfortunately a lot of youtube videos), so it might very well be a compression artifact. But I'm reluctant to think this because it *always* happens in the left ear, never the right one. Could there be any reason why it would only occur in the left ear? Maybe my hearing is worse in my right ear...? :)