Nad

jtubbs6117

I did, I bought a 2200 from a forum member and ran it on a pair of RF3's for about 6 months and found out what they would really do. That pretty much started a downward spiral. I then bought a NAD925THX 5ch from a forum member(WILLAND). The 2200 went out on me and I sent it to New York to be fixed and upgraded. I now have a pair of RF7's that are bi amped with the 2200 on LF and the 925thx on the HF side. My RC7 is run off the 925thx. I love the amps they run cool and produce alot of clean power.Right now I think I am running about 320 watts per RF7 and 160 to my RC7. I could not believe the way my speakers came to life (RF3's) when I got my first amp. I think there a lot of klipsch users out there that understand klipsch takes little power for big sound but that's not entirely true. To move 4 10 inch drivers it takes power. But even on the other hand my RB5's sound much better hooked up to the 2200 the HF sound so good compared to an unit alone not to mention the fact you had better LF extension and better controlled performance.The rule still stands to truly understand the potential of you speakers you need to run at least the RMS wattage. Needless to say I am very Happy with my amps and will advocate external amp use until the av unit manufactures start telling the truth or start producing the power. Thanks to all the members who have posted on this thread, keep it up.

Here is one situation have encountered that might seem funny to all. I bought a Emotiva MMC-1 the Av processor before the UMC-1. The whole purpose was to replace me Sony ES unit because it gets hot and there is nothing hooked up to the speaker terminals. I hooked up the Emo unit and hated it there where only 2 tone controls bass +-10 and Treble +-10 and I could tell if they where doing anything no matter what adjustments were made. So I sold the Emo installed the Sony again and I am happy. I would like to find a processor one day that has all the tuning ability of my current av unit, i know the new emo umc-1 does but I am just not ready to buy another emo product yet.