Change the voltage of Klipsch Sub RSW-12 from USA 120V to Europe 230V

Vladi

Guest davidness

If course, one option (shameless plug) is to sell that RSW-12 to that nice man that hangs out on these forums, David Ness, who has been looking for a RSW-12 for quite some time, ship it to him, then use the money to buy a new subwoofer once you get to Europe. He'd probably pay around $500 (shipped to Florida ). (Neg).

Not only would this save you the effort of modifying a sub, but you wouldn't have to transport the thing across an entire ocean! (just ship it across an entire country).

[8-|]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidness

Just a thought: Have you tried calling Klipsch Parts Department and seeing if the have the 230V amp sub-assemblies for sale? I want to say that they mentioned to me that the did have amps for the RSW-12's, but I didn't ask if they had any of the 230V versions.

You might be able to order one and just replace that part. Not as simple as a simple resistor change (you did see the other thread, right?), but it might provide a solution.... or not. Might be worth a call.

• 1 month later...