Right Channel has stopped working.

Pedruin

Greetings,

Roughly two years ago I bought a refurbished iFi and have been happily listening to them ever since. A few days ago we had a power surge at my apartment which has happened many times but apparently this time my iFi didnt like it. Afterwards, the right channel was crackling and sound was coming in and out and the next day it went out all together. I had to replace the fuse once before so I opened it up again and noticed that the fuse was fine but the 35v capacitors on the board were slightly protruding at the top of them and a couple have their contents coming out. I took some pictures of them but it looks like i'm not able to post them.

My question is: can i replace these myself or do I have to pay the $105 dollars to get a new amp from klipsch? Thanks for any insight you all may have!

Marcus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just fixed my Ifi's! Kinda sorta minus my subwoofer but both channels work properly. I just replaced one of the 4 capacitors, and the one I replaced looked a little convexed on the top. Boom now both my channels work! I bought the capacitor 35v 4700uf cap at radioshack for 6 bucks. Where do you reside Pedruin? Ill be glad to lend you a hand in soldering in a new capacitor If your local to me. [:D]