Crossovers for speakerl lab corner horns

avidfan

Hi,

I have a pair of speakerlab corner horns,basicaly a CLONE OF A KLIPSCH K HORN.Does any one out there own these speakers,would a AK crossover work in them,mine are going out and the drivers are not exactly the same as klipsch,I have contacted Speaker lab in seattle but to no avail.Also does anyone know of replacement tweeters and mid ranges that might fit.

Thanks for your help.

avidfan,

I do not have the Speakerlab version but am familiar with them. I believe Al's crossover will probably work. You may need to choose different taps on the autoformer (midrange level control), depending on which midrange driver you have.

The one item I am not sure about is the woofer. It needs to be a 4-ohm like the Klipsch.

As I recall, they used very similar drivers as Klipsch on the midrange horn and the same tweeter. Like I said earlier, I am not sure about the woofer.

Good Luck,

They should sound very good, especially if you can get a proper woofer for the bass horn.

------------------

John P

St Paul, MN

I think there were several versions of the Speakerlab SK's. Some of the earlier versions used horns in the upper cabinet similar to the Klipsch Kornerhorn while later versions used a series conventional direct radiators in the upper cabinet.

If yours are the earlier, fully horn-loaded versions I would try to secure some Klipsch Model A-A crossovers. There were at least two posts to the klipsch forum within the last month who had these crossovers for sale.

------------------

John Packard