88 lascalas upgrade opinions finish and crossovers

jambandfan

Hey all, I am new here, first post. So after holding off for a long time I finnally pulled the trigger on some raw birch 88 lascalas they are in decent shape, but no where near where I want them to be. some peeling laminate, and some general dings and chips. Not a big deal though, I like them! a lot! Thats why I am here. So through reading I guess my model year has the most undesireable crossover netwok the AL. Thats OK I can start changing stuff up right. Trying to decided what to do though. I have an idea or two, but would love some recommendations geared towards bang for the buck. Let them rip. I am capable of building a kit too if that helps.

Also, I need to either do a littlle relaminating, and finish these puppies, or I had a second thought. One I haven't seen while reading through countless threads which I think could look really cool. I was thinking I could woodfill the couple dings, then use a really nice, possibly metallic looking or graphite looking laminate like a formica and wrap the front sides rear and top in it. Then finish the bin in a bold stain and finish job that would go with my room as well. I would aslo finish the exposed edges of the tweeter and midrange plywood in the same finish. I think it might look sick, but want some second opinions, thirds too! Also, if I did such a finish, do you think they would become more or less desireable at resale time, when I go find my khorns in a couple years?

All opinions appreciated! Never thought I would be here, I am glad I have arrived. -marc