RF-3 or RF-52.Which would you choose?

profchaos71

I recently picked up a nice pair of RF-52 mains and an RC-52 center.So far i am pleasantly suprised.My previous Klipsch speakers i have owned are a set of LaScala's and a set of RF-35 towers.A friend of mine who buys and sells audio equipment came across a nice set of RF-3 towers.All things being equal cosmetically speaking,would you keep the 52's or trade for the RF-3 towers even up?I have never heard the 3's so i have no idea if i'm missing out.The specs on the 52's are better,but the 3's have 8 inch woofers vs 5.25.It seems the 52's have plenty of bass and of course they are newer.So,any advice would be great.Basically i don't want to trade unless a whole bunch of you tell me that the 3's are a big step up and that i will notice way better sound from them.

i have the rf-3 II's and personally, i love them. I had the rf-10's and they were just toop small, i find the bass foundation the 3's have is much much much better. I like bigger cones, they just produce better bass IMO. Sure you can say its all in the design but it is what it is. Do i think that its an even trade, not really, i paid 250 for my 3's.