Rear speaker stands

dsnewman

I have the Klipsch SS-1 rear speakers and after moving ever two years for the past six years, I'm getting tired of mounting these things on the wall. Does Klipsch make rear speaker stands for these things and if so, will it have a major impact on the sound vs. hanging them on the wall?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi ds - The simple solution is to stop moving - is the law after you? cwm2.gif

Klipsch does not make any speaker stands. There are many out there by Furniture Works, Sanus, etc.. Check www.audioadvisor.com for a nice selection.

I don't believe you would negatively impact the sound by placing them on stands. In fact, that may give you more placement flexibility which could improve your sound!

Doug

------------------

My System

SS-1's are only 8 lbs and since they are sealed (no port to contend with), and are the pioneers of WDST technology at Klipsch... they have great flexibility in mounting.

In fact, if you have them mounted high on columns, you can actually tweak your rear sound by aiming their woofers at the center of your sweet spot about a foot above where your head will be... you may be pleasantly surprised at the result.

The problem with most speaker stands is that they do not extend as high as the SS-1's ought to be. I solved this problem for my front effects speakers by mounting them on partially sand filled ABS pipe with pipe fittings on either end. The SB-2's in the photo are held in place by commercial grade Velcro.

Pic3.jpg

Maybe not everyone's taste in decor... but they sure do work acoustically! -HornEd