new construction, in-wall speakers.

cornwallis

I am preparing to build a home. I will have a separate listening room for my '82 Cornwalls, and am going to install a 4 speaker in-wall surround system into our great room.

I will have RCW-5 speakers in front, and am debating between RCW-5 or 3's in the rear. I will eventually add a subwoofer.

I am assuming that there is a proper phase in the construction process for wiring/installation for the new speakers. What advise can anyone give about any phase of this project, and as to whether RCW-3 or 5 would make a better surround?

• 1 month later...

After the exterior and interior framing and roofing is completed, this is the time you might want to lay your speaker wires. this needs to be done before the drywall crew comes in. let the foreman know where you want your speaker wire plates (Monster Cable & Acoustic Research make them) placed. That way when the drywall crew comes in, they can cut the openings for the plates. Make sure you lable wour wires where the amp will be located. Don't use crappy wires. Mosnter makes an in-wall 4 conductor (4 wires) 16 ga. cable that sells for about .65 a foot.

Good Luck