in-wall help

rgdds

I am considering buying the RCW5's for my surround but I can't find any reviews or consumer comments about them on the internet. Are these the best Klipsch makes and how do they compare to paradigm or speakercraft. I have KLF-30 for front and KLF-C7 for center. Any recommendations for in-walls. Thanks

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I am using RCW5's for the surround sound speakers and like them very much. Currently in the process of replacing my front LR KG 5.5's with R 5800 W's. While things are under construction I've been using the RCW5's along with a subwoofer for music, very impressed with the clarity and detail.

SoTired (of working)

It's probably hard to find info because they don't make them anymore. The current top of the line in-wall for the Reference series is the R-5800-W. These are fantastic speakers. I have some in my kitchen, and love them. They sound nearly as good as my RB-75's. I think Klipsch is coming out with THX Ultra in walls.

Jeremy

Yes, Klipsch is coming out with in Wall THX Ultra 2, there were prototypes shown at CES. They'll probably be here around summer. They'll have the same aluminum front baffle and they'll have box enclosures. They are still fooling with the tuning to get them as close as possible to the outwall versions.

The R5800 is the replacement for the RCW-5 and is every bit as good, if not better. They also make a dipole surround type speaker to match called the R5650S. Three R5800's, with a set of 5650S sides and another pair of R5800 subs in the back with two Earthquake Thor inwall subs is my current max bang for the buck hidden speaker package. They are surprisingly good!