Sub advice needed for KSM2's

buckskin

At the outdoor concert at the Pilgrimage this year, I was looking at the large subs on the ground in front of the stage.I have a pair of KSM2's that sound great, but need a companion sub to round out the sound. I think one of the cabinets I saw there would work well. Am I correct? Can someone tell me what model was in front of the stage? How about a min-max spread on cost for what I might find on the market? If one is good, is two overkill for this application? What amount of power would be correct per cabinet? I saw an ad for a pair of empty cabinets, (no model number given) that look like the ones at the stage. Ad reads " Klipsch dual 18" sub cabs (true 40 hz cabinets) empty, $300.00" Where does that price fall? If there is a better option to go with the KSM2's, I would like to hear some sound advice. Thanks for your time.

• 2 months later...

KSM2 is a stage monitor but makes a pretty nice main too, Think of them as a pro 2-way Cornwall, cause that's what the mid horn is, and they're ported about the same.

The Pilgrimage probably used pro cinema (current model) KPT684, but the older pro touring model (with handles and wheels) is the KP682. One of those with a KSM2, KP301 or KP362 is an awesome PA setup. You'd want to actively bi-amp the setup with about 1000-2000 watts going into the sub. Seriously- I have a Crown K2 bridged mono into each of mine with TWO KP362's on top of each one. It's killer.

M

KSM2 is a stage monitor but makes a pretty nice main too, Think of them as a pro 2-way Cornwall, cause that's what the mid horn is, and they're ported about the same.

The Pilgrimage probably used pro cinema (current model) KPT684, but the older pro touring model (with handles and wheels) is the KP682. One of those with a KSM2, KP301 or KP362 is an awesome PA setup. You'd want to actively bi-amp the setup with about 1000-2000 watts going into the sub. Seriously- I have a Crown K2 bridged mono into each of mine with TWO KP362's on top of each one. It's killer.

M

Or stack them like this in the centre of the stage for events with a DJ.

post-45280-13819661593512_thumb.jpg

Rod - that is EXACTLY my PA- 4x KP362 and 2x KP682.. only I set them up differently. There's probably photos and such here but basically I use one top per sub for long narrow rooms, if it's a wide space or I need all the output I can get, I tight pack the top speakers together one a shelf that siits on top of the sub.

Tip- if you're going to stack the top cabinets like this, try flipping over the top set so all the horns are together, it's a more cohesive wave front that way. '

What amps are you using with this setup?