Voice Coil Inductance for Klipsch KG4.5 tweeter (K-85-K)? Zobel for tweeter?

rongon

My first Klipsch setup, and I'm diggin' it. BUT... I found the highs to be a bit harsh and have been experimenting with a simple 50 or 100 ohm resistor across the tweeter terminals to tame the highs a bit. All I can say is that I like the sound better with a 100 ohm resistor connected from tweeter + to - terminals. I don't have test equipment to 'prove' whether the change is technically better or worse.

The 'correct' way to do this would be to put a Zobel network across the tweeter (K-85-K). But in order to figure the capacitor value, I'll need to know the voice coil inductance of the tweeter. Does anyone know how I can get this info?

Has anybody here applied a Zobel network to a tweeter to equalize its impedance? Your results? I'm looking to tone down/chill out the tweeters' brash and somewhat harsh (in my opinion) sound. I don't think it's a 'capacitor transplant' issue, but I intend to do that too.

Thanks!

-=|=-