Rear speakers VS. Surround speakers

linyotam

Hello everyone!!!

I want to build a 7.1 home theater system in my house And the only thing that I have doubt about is whether to use rear speakers on the back wall or to use another RS-II 52 on the back wall as well as on the side wall.What is the main different?

Thanks a lot !!!

Yotam.

If you used an RS-52 in back, you would have a 6.1 system as it only accepts a single channel input as far as I know. You need 2 speakers in back to have 7.1.

Sorry I can't really comment if using the RS-52 is a good choice as a rear speaker in a 6.1 setup, but I believe it would be fine.

Keep in mind the vast majority of movies are encoded in 5.1, so the benefits of going to 7.1 are pretty minimal in my opinion. A good 5.1 setup can sound equally as good as 7.1. Main benefit of 7.1 is if you have a very large room or are building a professional style home theater room dedicated for that purpose, where the additional channels may be a benefit to add additional depth behind the listening position.