building and need suggestions

JimTenn

I am getting ready to build a custom house. I plan to put in architectural speakers (wall and/or ceiling mounted). I am looking for suggestions for building a good surround system. First of all, I have little technical knowledge of speaker systems but have heard Klipsch and decided this is what I am going to go with. Second of all, I have a high frequency hearing loss, so I plan to invest in a system to assist me in enjoying my entertainment to it's fullest .

My wife has given me about a $5000 budget to start with. the room will be about 14x20. The TV wall will face a large open kitchen. My question is, what speakers would you put in. I am thinking 5.1 or 7.1 system. The ceiling will be vaulted to about 10 feet. My first priority is the speakers as I want to make sure the wall will be adapted to properly allow for the speakers. The TV wall will back into a hall and part of the way into a guest bedroom where most of the speakers will back into the closet. What kind of speakers would you suggest given my budget? How about ceiling mounted for a 7.1 system? I am thinking of rear wall mounted speakers and they will be maybe 4-5 feet behind the sofa facing the TV. The TV will be 62" wall mounted with conduit run through the walls so I will not have to deal with exposed wires.

Also, what would you suggest for a receiver? I would kind of like to keep the receiver within the budget, but my first priority is the speakers as I will have a time limit to get these. I am not knowledge about surround systems and receivers. Also, any suggestions on the construction? At this point, I don't want to get into too many construction changes as the price of construction has already been decided and the price sent to the bank.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.