How to properly power Klipsch RC-64 II

oboz

Hi everyone,

After months of reading (yes, months were needed) since I dont have any local dealer where I can audition these speakers. On top of that I currently live in Norway and the prices are just insane on these, so it needs to be right the first time around. I've finally decided to go with a pair of RF-7 II and the RC-64 II center as the start of my new HT.

Right now I have a new Rotel RB-1572 thats eager to test the 7's, but I'll be needing a new receiver(7.1/7.2) to properly power the center.The center is rated at 200W RMS and I intend to push these puppies a fair amount. Any receiver recommendations or perhaps an amp?
As a sidenote I'm likley to get the RS-62 II in the near future to complete the set.

Best regard, Mikael

the best thing for you would be a power amp. Your rotel amp is great and will drive the 7's without issue. You have choices when it comes to processors as well. If you want to, you could also get a receiver with preamp outs on them to send a signal to an external amp. You could get a 3 channel amp or get a 5 channel amp and biamp the rf-7's. This way you could also power the rears and center with a quality amp. The RC-62 is a big amp and you plan on driving things fairly hard, you would do best to have power amps in this case.

You already have rotel and i would suggest sticking with it. If not rotel, there are plenty of other brands you can check out too. Outlaw Audio and Emotiva are good, anthem, arcam or acurus, B & K just to name a few, Intergra is good, dont forget them

If i were in your shoes, especially since i am a rotel fan, i would want rotel power all the way around. I would consider getting a different brand of processor though.

Whats your take after my bit of input?

Hi and thank you for your input,

I was thinking about going for an Onkyo with full band preout and 2xHDMI out, that's the only two requirements since its a hazzle to switch between the tv and projector. No I dont want any HDMI-switch :P

How well would you say this would do the job? http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/tx-nr709-43479.html
Its rated at 170W/channel in 6 ohm.

Take a look at the same thing without the amps. Go pre/pro...

Onkyo PR-SC5509

It has XLR and RCA outs. Your rotel needs the xlr. It is very similar to the Integra processor I use, and I am very satisfied with it.

The Rotel RMB-1575 could power 5 of the 7 channels at up to 250 watts, and the amp you have could power the other two.