S4A incompatibility with Galaxy S i9000

kidkidkid6

I bought the s4a for my i9000 and the sound came out so strange, the sound is so "blur", and it became clear when I hold down the button. Besides, the button didn't work as it mentioned in the manual. I have tried it with 2 galaxy s , and the outcome is the same, anyone face the same situation?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought S4A this morning for my Samsung Galaxy S i1900... I'm always unlucky with electronic device I bought, f***
Samsung... a lot of people are complaining about application that doesn't run with Galaxy, I'm sure it's because of the hardware...

I'm sure I didn't read that when I was looking for information about S4A, one week ago :

• A note about compatibility: due to software conflicts, the Klipsch Control app is not fully compatible with select Samsung phones (Galaxy S II family, Captivate), specifically, the Klipsch S4A™ headset only supports voice control, call “Answer” and “End” functionality. Klipsch continues to work on an update to allow full functionality on these devices. - http://www.klipsch.com/image-S4A-headphones

So, my question is :

Should I wait for some update ? (software ? because if it's hardware, we'll need to change our earbuds)

or

Should I change S4A for classic S4 ?

(It would be greater if I could change my Galaxy S instead [:P])

• 2 weeks later...

Always liked Klipsch products, and while travaling to the US decided to purchase a S4A earbuds.
Getting home and connecting them to my I9000 I was supprised, as I am sure many others that
the pair are incompatable.

I whish Klipsch would have indicated so on the box (in plain view). Therfore, Klipsch should provide
a correction for the problem, correcting cable or pinout diagram to fix the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

aaww..i got Galaxy S2 and thinking to get S4A..but after reading your comment..i got second thought.. I have a great respect to klipsch but cm'on they have should perfected it to all android phones.. since it was already a wait long of all android users to have this rather than using the S4i which for apple products..

Some android users specially the Samsung Galaxy S2 used the S4i and it worked but limited only to mic. and the volume control doesn't work..

if klipsch cannot resolve this kind of problem sooner or later i would rather go for the S4i.

i thank to all who contributed their comment

• 6 months later...

Apparently the problem caused by Samsung's "proprietary" wiring of the 3.5mm plug, comparing to "conventional" one used by other devices, including iPhone, in such a way that the "ground" and "mic +" wirings are swapped. I have raised incompatibility concern of S4A and Galaxy Note (N7000) to this forum, and received confirmation that it's ok to use with SGN, which I am very much in doubt. Since I am really like the Klipsch headphone, will go ahead ordering one anyway. If it did not work (perfectly) will try a way to get around.

aaww..i got Galaxy S2 and thinking to get S4A..but after reading your comment..i got second thought.. I have a great respect to klipsch but cm'on they have should perfected it to all android phones.. since it was already a wait long of all android users to have this rather than using the S4i which for apple products..

Some android users specially the Samsung Galaxy S2 used the S4i and it worked but limited only to mic. and the volume control doesn't work..

if klipsch cannot resolve this kind of problem sooner or later i would rather go for the S4i.

i thank to all who contributed their comment

You need to complain to Samsung for using proprietary wiring. The lack of any standards across the Android platform make it impossible to guarantee a working remote across all devices.

• 3 months later...

Alex,

I just bought the all new S4A2 headphones assuming that there was full compability with theS i9000 since it is not mentionned on the prod page that there are any issues with this phone. I wished I had looked into this forum beforehand...

Like everyone else here, the sound just doesn't come out unless I hold down the button which isn't too convenient is it? As they stand these headphones are not even usable regardless of the command not working.

Is there even a slim chance that Kliptsch will resolve this or should I just send these headphones back?

Whatever proprietary tech Samsung has in its phones or the diversity of the Android platform, I would have thought that Kliptsch would accomodate that for its loyal customers given that Samsung's Galaxy line is just the most popular in the world.

Thanks for following up.

Lzoded