Good match for Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum, Advice Needed

isadorefarm

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, trying to glean info about an upcoming purchase. I recently pulled the trigger on my dream amp - a Rogue Audio Cronus integrated tube amp with the Magnum upgrade (90 WPC). I expect to take delivery any day now and consequently my thoughts are turning to upgrading my old speakers as well.

Does anyone have any experience with these amps and Klipsch loudspeakers?

My space is pretty unique. It's essentially a barn with an open floorplan. 26' x 40' with an open loft space in the rear, 10' side walls with a 25' roof peak, open ceiling with exposed beams throughout. Currently I'm using a Marantz 2220 with a pair of Bose 301s, holdovers from a much smaller living room. Surprisingly, this setup sounds pretty OK in the barn-sized room. I mostly listen to jazz and psych-rock on LP.

I welcome any advice about which speakers would best suit this setup. My price range is sub-$700, I've mostly been looking at used Forte/Chorus/Cornwall sets so far, but I'm really very open to suggestions. I'd love to be able to audition things, but I'm located in N. Michigan (happily) a long way from anywhere and thus will have to most likely buy before I listen.

Thanks for looking - Matt Visser