Klipsch S4i control is not working on Iphone4 and IPOD Classic

lushanbj

Hello.

I purchased a pair of Klipsch S4i headphone from Amazon in June, 2011 and I have been very happy with the sound until recently when the volum control and play/pause botton stopped working on both my Iphone 4 and Ipod Classic even though I have been using it with great care. I understand the product was supposed to be supportive with such devices and there must be something wrong with it. I would like to request a repair or exchange service since it is within the 2-years warranty period.

Please kindly instruct how to proceed.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined this forum and saw your post. I had something similar happen with another brand of headphones and I actually got them replaced. Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. What I found was that the headphone port on the phone had gotten a build-up of pocket lint inside it, which began to get compacted down with the headphone jack.

I guess this didn't allow the plug to line up properly with the pins for the extra controls.

I ended up using some a can of compressed air to blow the lint out and it has been working fine ever since.