For anyone who has Hersey's, Forte's, or Quartets.

Greeting. For anyone who has Hersey's Fort's and Quartets we are out of luck in upgrading our crossovers to the AL K design. But, if you change the caps and the wiring it will be a HUGE improvement.

I recently had all my caps changed. For the 1.0 uf and 2.0 uf values I used Auricap's. They are exspensive but worth it, and it did wonders for my SET amp as well. For the uncommon 80uf 100v value I used a Solen Fast cap. I changed the hook up wire to Audioquest type 4 Cables. I had some copper stranded cable in before, but the solid core sounds more detailed and smoother.

The sound is much better. The first thing you will notice is how much more natural the overall tonal balance is. The highs are more open,detailed and extended, and you lose that midrange glare that is associated with horns. Imaging is wider and deeper, again everything is improved. If you have one of these models and are interested write me an email, or talk to Paul at www.2Baudio.com. Tell em Shan sent you.