Klipsch in wall/ceiling surrounds to go with RF-82 fronts and RC-62 center

barlav2

I am building a new theater and the nature and size of the space I am creating is going to require me to use in ceiling speakers for side surrounds and in wall speakers for rear surrounds. I already own RF-82's for my fronts and RC-62 for my center which will go in the new theater. I'm looking for a good match for the surrounds. I am currently thinking about using a pair of CDT-5800-C's for the side surrounds in the ceiling (I know the location of the side surrounds in the ceiling isn't ideal but there is nothing I can do about it unfortunately) and a pair of R5800W's for the rear surrounds in the back wall. Are these models a good match for my fronts/center? Will the side and rear surrounds match ok even though they are different? Is it possible to use the in-ceiling speakers as in-wall speakers and vice versa? If so, would it be better to get 4 CDT-5800-C's or 4 R5800W's so they are all the same. Thanks for any info/advice you can offer.

- Bill

I installed in-ceiling CDT-5800-Cs for the surround side and back due to the layout of my media room. I found that by going with the same speaker I was able to get precise placement and adjustment. Incredible speakers! Whatever you do use push pins to hold the template(s) on the wall/ceiling until you have them exactly where you want them! Leon