Loud static klipsch x10

kcen2

I am hearing loud static on the x10 (on pause or play at even the lowest volume) that I just ordered. The isolation is good and the eartips fit well. I've tried it on various sources (Ipod, laptops and an external sound card), and I'm plugging the wire in all the way. Is it supposed to be like this? I ordered it from a featured seller on Amazon. It came in a box with a bar code sticker on top of another barcode underneath it (does this mean it's a fake product?). But after googling it, I found that there is perhaps not supposed to be a serial number for the x10. Any suggestions?

I ordered from Southbay Electronics Inc. Not really sure what you mean- my external sound card is Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 24-bit 96KHz USB Interface Sound Card and I'm using wav files for music (I've tried two laptops, the sound card, my ipod video 30gb, and iphone1 but same static problem)

The static doesn't sound like a normal issue to me.

....But Southbay isn't popping up in my database as an authorized dealer, so you may have bought an improper batch, but my database may very well be out of date, so please call 800-KLIPSCH as soon as you can and maybe we can give you an exchange if they fall under warranty!