Motorola Razr and S4A(II) compatability

Mavis2

Hello,

I am looking at the Image S4A(II). Is there an update regarding fixing the compatibility of these with the Motorola Razr running ICS? It would be great to have headphone/phone button functionality.

Second question. Would the button on the Image 'A' version have functionality with an iPod Nano(6th Gen), track forward, volume up/down? This would be my primary use for these headphones, so should I just get the 'i' version?

Much thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There are a number of posts about non-standard wiring, it's Google's fault, it's Samsung's fault, it's Motorola's fault, etc. (I have a Razr Maxx running ICS and your solution is I should get a new version of Android, which isn't available).

The fact is there are a huge number of phones these headsets are not functioning with. It has been months since these have been on the market and I think you have 3 options as I see it:

- stop selling this as "Android" compatible, or at least fully disclose the problems to purchasers

- Fix the problems

- Refund money for people with incompatible phones

I bought your product, now support it.

There are a number of posts about non-standard wiring, it's Google's fault, it's Samsung's fault, it's Motorola's fault, etc. (I have a Razr Maxx running ICS and your solution is I should get a new version of Android, which isn't available).

The fact is there are a huge number of phones these headsets are not functioning with. It has been months since these have been on the market and I think you have 3 options as I see it:

- stop selling this as "Android" compatible, or at least fully disclose the problems to purchasers

- Fix the problems

- Refund money for people with incompatible phones

I bought your product, now support it.

It's not an excuse, it's simply the nature of an open operating system platform. We have to buy each of these Android phones to verify compatibility. Our headphones product manager is buying a Razr Maxx this weekend to see if there's anything they can do.

I bought the headphones because it said it was compatible with Android. And I let it go a few months because I know it can take time to ensure compatibility with many phones. But it's been 3 months since the first post about this issue, and you're going out this weekend????

Nice support!