Question for Boa12

Marathon Man

hello mm. talked w/ their tech support about 3 wks ago & still nothing yet. still think the dvd-audio digital

connect standard is the bottleneck.

& yea that PLII &/or dts:neo is what i'm really looking

forward too. hoping for bass mgmt improvement as in high pass settings for each speaker or speaker group too.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Sounds good. Thanks. BTW I decided not to migrate to differnt subs. I traded the RSW-12 for another RSW-15 so the two 15's really energize the room, and I am quite happy now. I also am adding wall treatments (expensive), but well worth the money. I have done 2 seating positions for 3 speakers which is about 45 diffusers, and I have 4 other positions to do. So far im impressed with the results.

Till next time.

------------------

MM

Well Im still playing with different positions. I had the original 15 in the front right which is where I get the best spl, and the 12 was in the rear left. this worked out good for that combo, because the 15 over powered the 12 to the point that I had to have the 12 closer to the listening position to get the desired effect. Now that the second 15 is in place its to pronounced when its that close so I moved it to the front left and that seems to balance out the sound stage rather nicely. I am however thinking about stacking them, because I get much better response from the front right front corner of the room, but I think I am going to wait until I finish installing the deffusers and re-meter the room to find the best position. I did some very basic spl tests using the B&K's low freq test tones and Im pushing about 110 db at 20 Hz with both subs now as opposed to a bit less than 95 db with one sub. This test was however done with a rat shack spl meter which as you know is not that reliable below 30 Hz, so Im thinking that the response is even better than the meter is telling me. My good spl meter has mysteriously disapeared Frown.gif. Im sure I just left it someplace and wher ever that is it has not been discovered yet. At any rate the two RSW-15's really energize the room, and the sound is incredible. I will try to get some pics posted as soon as the room treatments are done.

------------------

MM

This message has been edited by Marathon Man on 06-15-2002 at 10:16 PM