In a bit of a predicament (s4i vs x10)

Iubball22

I just lost my pair of s4i's at the airport and I can't live with the apple earpods much longer.

I loved the s4i's, and have actually gone through about 3 pairs of these. However, I saw that amazon's selling the x10's for only $89. Soooo I'm asking for advice, which would you get? The x10s for $89 or the s4i 2 for $100?

It probably sounds like a no brainer to go with the x10's, but I have a few concerns with this:

1) I would no longer have the in line mic/controls for my phone. Not sure this is that big of an issue though.

2) is amazon even an authorized reseller? Would the Klipsch warranty still apply?

3) I've read where the x10s really bring out flaws on music if the song isn't in a quality format. I've pirated most of my music, so I don't want the songs sounding worse.

I really don't know what to do. I know it's not a lot of money, but I always like to make educated decisions, so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have heard about some of the Amazon X10's ad S4's being Chinese made clones. Do what you want, but I wouldn't take the risk. There is a reason that price is so low. Get them direct from Klipsch or get them from Best Buy or a local retailer. If you have access to Fry's Electronics give them a look. They often have great prices, and they are authorized. The S4's are terrific, especially for the price. X10 has more of a refined sound, but if your stuff is copied at anything less than 320 you will probably not appreciate the difference.

Thanks for the reply. The x10s are fulfilled by amazon and not some random small electronic shop. I think I remember seeing a klipsch employee saying this was legit and would still be covered by their warranty.

As long as they are shipped and sold by Amazon.com, they should be legitimate.

I just lost my pair of s4i's at the airport and I can't live with the apple earpods much longer.

I loved the s4i's, and have actually gone through about 3 pairs of these. However, I saw that amazon's selling the x10's for only $89. Soooo I'm asking for advice, which would you get? The x10s for $89 or the s4i 2 for $100?

It probably sounds like a no brainer to go with the x10's, but I have a few concerns with this:

1) I would no longer have the in line mic/controls for my phone. Not sure this is that big of an issue though.

2) is amazon even an authorized reseller? Would the Klipsch warranty still apply?

3) I've read where the x10s really bring out flaws on music if the song isn't in a quality format. I've pirated most of my music, so I don't want the songs sounding worse.

I really don't know what to do. I know it's not a lot of money, but I always like to make educated decisions, so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

1) Do you usually have your iPod/iPhone in your pocket? Then, you probably would want a remote/mic version.

2) Amazon is an authorized dealer as long as the item is shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The warranty would apply in that case.

3) Any quality headphones will make crappy recordings sound like crap. The X10 and S4i are quality. Pirated music can still be encoded in high quality. It really just depends.