Promedia Ultra 5.1 Line Filter Board Removal

posthaste

I'm getting this static noise through all my speakers and I'm thinking its the filter capacitors on the line filter board except I can't get to them because I don't know how to remove it. There is this 4 pin connection that won't budge and I don't want to force it. Anybody know how this board is removed? Thanks for the response.

• 3 years later...

The static is not from the line filter board. Static typically is from noise generated on the AC-DC converter board.

To remove the line filter board, though, you need to desolder all four pins. The only times that board is removed is if the thermal fuse for the transformer blows, or to replace the metal oxide varistor (MOV).  The relay can be replaced without removing this board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stpete cooling said:

The static is not from the line filter board. Static typically is from noise generated on the AC-DC converter board.

To remove the line filter board, though, you need to desolder all four pins. The only times that board is removed is if the thermal fuse for the transformer blows, or to replace the metal oxide varistor (MOV).  The relay can be replaced without removing this board.

Wow, you know your stuff! That is an old thread, but I'm glad you responded to it. Lot's of folks have troubles with some older Klipsch amps and especially with the ProMedia lines. I take it from your response that you are comfortable working on plate amps. Am I correct? How did you learn about it?