X10i and Galaxy S3

pjp125

Hi All,

So I noticed there had been some similar posts previously, but I didn't want to hi-jack another post with my question so thought I'd do a new one.

I noticed Alex, one of the Klipsch Forum Admins, had commented on these other posts so hoping there's an answer here somewhere! In a previous post last year some time I saw the following comment from Alex:

"The X10 and X10i sound exactly the same. The "i" designates that it has a remote that works specifically with iOS devices. There is no listed for a X10A because we have no made an Android-specific version of the X10....Both the X10 and X10i will work with your Android phone. It will just not have full remote compatibility."

The last bit about not having full functionality suggests there is some, so my question is what would the X10i remote be able to do on an android phone, such as the GS3?

I don't need volume control or the ability to answer calls, it's more the music player I'm interested in - my current Klipsch ProMedia's are able to Play / Pause / Skip Forward, if the X10i's could do that to it'd be great!

If anyone has tried these with an S3 would be great to hear what you found?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,

You're in luck. I just so happen to use that exact phone/headphone combo. The X10is cannot skip forward or backward, but they can play, pause, and control the volume of any song. [:)] I would only caveat, be patient with the input. It seems to take a second or two before the command registers within the phone, so don't keep jamming the buttons, just give it time. I also use the Fiio E17 headphone amp, and the poweramp music app (great for its versatility - plays FLAC). I highly recommend the combo. Anyway, I LOVE these headphones and use them over some of the more expensive options I have. They are my go-to daily headphones. Love 'em.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply, what are the chances!?

So yeah, earphones arrived today and are currently burning in. Even out of the box they sound nearly as good as my old ones!

One thing I have noticed though is that the functionality of the control for me is different, maybe it's because of the music player? My volume controls don't work, but I can skip forward tracks - to be honest this is actually better for me so pretty pleased about that!

I'll try out this other player as well though and see what it's like. I only recently started reading about amplifiers but will have to save a bit for one of those!

Thanks again, Jon

• 2 months later...

Hi Jon,

You're in luck. I just so happen to use that exact phone/headphone combo. The X10is cannot skip forward or backward, but they can play, pause, and control the volume of any song. Smile I would only caveat, be patient with the input. It seems to take a second or two before the command registers within the phone, so don't keep jamming the buttons, just give it time. I also use the Fiio E17 headphone amp, and the poweramp music app (great for its versatility - plays FLAC). I highly recommend the combo. Anyway, I LOVE these headphones and use them over some of the more expensive options I have. They are my go-to daily headphones. Love 'em.

Hope that helps,
Dan

Hi, thanks for this info. Can I ask you also, does the mic work (without the use of an adaptor)? Can you take/cancel calls?