iPod to PreAmp....

RonW.

What are you guys using to connect your iPod to your two channel system? I have seen docking stations with built-in DAC's and or stand alone DAC's ranging in price from a couple hundred to many thousands of dollars? I'm not looking to break the bank but really want good sound quality.

Any recommendations and thanks in advance,

RW.

What are you guys using to connect your iPod to your two channel system? I have seen docking stations with built-in DAC's and or stand alone DAC's ranging in price from a couple hundred to many thousands of dollars? I'm not looking to break the bank but really want good sound quality.

Any recommendations and thanks in advance,

RW.

Here's a well respected DAC local to you to pick up a great price. If shipping to Canada wasn't so much I'd scoop this up to replace my Mav Audio Dac.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/176656.aspx

DACs in iPods,iPads are cheap and only produce quality sound thru headphones. My iPad and iPhone sounds remarkably better through my tube Dac and is not as good a quality as the one close to you.

I have no experience with docks.

What are you guys using to connect your iPod to your two channel system?

My Pioneer Elite N-50 has a USB port right on the front through which I can plug my iPod. The Pioneer's DAC is actually surprisingly good, often compared to DACs costing much more than the $700 I paid for that thing. However,for two bills, that Renni II DAC in that link over in the "Garage Sale" is definitly worth picking up, though. Seems it is still available. Here's link again, this time I made it "live": http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/176656.aspx