Bluetooth streaming problem with Marantz Prepro

jtubbs6117

Anyone looking to purchase a Marantz AVR or Pre pro I would say Go for it. But they offer an option to buy a RX101 this is a module connected to the Xport on the back of the unit to stream Bluetooth. This in general is a great idea to have this option and in coming years I am sure this will be integrated in the unit if it’s not already. But if you have made it this far into this post I strongly hesitate anyone that thinks about buying this option. I have connection problems with mine all the time. Not with the Bluetooth but the actual connection from the module to the prepro. I have always felt there is a design flaw with S video cables and how the pins connect to whatever unit it is. But Maranatz and all its wisdom decided this was the best option for the Xport to the Rx101 Bluetooth module. So buyer beware on this. I am going to look for other more reliable options for streaming Bluetooth audio. If you have any experience with any good or bad please add. This is not a rant just I wanted to make people aware of the problems I have had with mine and for 100 bucks extra for the module I kinda expected it to work. If the connection clipped into the socket and was held in place by a pressure clip that would solve my problems