Help! How do you view your data files?

jtubbs6117

Members on the forum I need some help with this one. I am going to have to make a move in the video department. How do people watch their video content? This question is more to people that have taken dvd's they own and copied them to a Game console or PC or however you do it to make it more convienent to watch them whenever you want.

PS3 this is my mainstay right now in my HT system. And has performed great. Up till now I haven't really had any problems with the unit. But there are hardware limitations with a unit this old so I am looking to purchase a new device in the coming months.

PS4 from what I have read this unit will not play CD's how is that? That just doesn't seem fair. You can change the HDD in the PS 4 but you can not use the USB's on the unit other than for software updates or Sony accessories. So this option is kinda out, and was my favorite until I did some reading.

One thing I have looked at is the Wester digital TV media device. This unit will only play video files or audio files no phyiscal disc. So this might be an option to purchase a stand alone blue ray player and then use this for the media files.

A friend of mine uses a Mac mini and thunderbolt drive to view all his media content. This is a neat option but could be a very expensive one. But an option none the less.

One things I might add I live in the Data hole of the earth. I do not have access to DSL or any type of true high speed where network devices will be used. I use a Verizon data plan for my home wifi. NAS are not an option for me right now.

So please I know this will help a lot of members that might be in the situation.