KSW 100 and 2 KG3.5

Juli-An

Hi Guys and Gals

When I was 16 My friend had Klipschorns w/ Mac amp and Thorens turntable. I doubt that my ears can even hear the notes I heard then.

However... I now have 2 KG 3.5's and a KSW 100. For simple stereo the sub back panel is scary. I thought I would ask you guys the best way to hook up my speakers to your every day AIWA/ Pioneer/ a/v amp. My Macintosh is in the shop LOL

Oh This system will primarily use my tablet or iphone as a jukebox. and of course turntable

I have the mini `Klipsch Pro media V 2.1 in the bedroom. w/ the flat screen and HDMI out of the PC sounds great

I do understand Phase And yes my speakers are hooked up correctly, beyond that ?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

If you want to make a big iphone dock and you don't mind using the headphone jack as the connection, then you can get a cord that will go from the headphone to RCA's. The RCA's get connected to an amplifier. The speaker wires go from the amplifier to the subwoofer high level inputs. Another set of speaker wires go from the subwoofer high level outputs to the KG's. Use the controls on the back of the sub to meld the sub with the speakers. Once it all sounds good, use the iphone volume control to raise or lower the volume.

As for amplifiers, any 2 channel amplifier will do. The KG's are 65 watt speakers which can handle peaks of 300 watts. You will be looking for something in the 100 watt at 8 ohm stereo for an amplifier. Something like the Emotiva UPA-200

Edited by mustang guy