Troubleshooting issue w/ Lightspeaker

smurray

I'm having an issue with one of the Klipsch Lightspeakers I purchased a few years ago. Not sure exactly when it happened, but I noticed today that one of the speakers isn't playing any audio. I can still control the light just fine so I know it's still paired with the transmitter. I've tried using a different cord and a different source. I think I've narrowed it down to an issue with the actual speaker part of that particular unit. Any suggestions on what I can do at this point? I'm afraid I might be SOL, especially since Klipsch isn't even making the product anymore.

Can you connect a speaker wire directly to the driver to see if that is the issue? It may mean removing the speaker from the ceiling.

Once I had a Klipsch ceiling speaker that wasn't working, and I found out that somehow when tightening it, I pulled one of the speaker leads off the terminal. I would assume the speaker leads and the power leads for the LED light portion are separate.