Speaker Placement

01svtL

Based on your napkin drawing...

Leave the TV, speakers, etc. where they are now (in the photo).

But use the couch positioning as drawn on the napkin. Put the longest couch facing the TV. And pull the shortest couch almost all the way down to the doorway, by removing that square object (end table?).

Move the couch facing the TV over to its right just enough to create a walkway on either side. And put your chair over on the wall where the TV is drawn on the napkin. That keeps all your seating and leaves room for a coffee table or ottoman (or two) in the middle of the room for the couches and chair.

And it should leave enough room for everyone on the center couch to get great sound.

Edited by GPBusa

Based on your napkin drawing...

Leave the TV, speakers, etc. where they are now (in the photo).

But use the couch positioning as drawn on the napkin. Put the longest couch facing the TV. And pull the shortest couch almost all the way down to the doorway, by removing that square object (end table?).

Move the couch facing the TV over to its right just enough to create a walkway on either side. And put your chair over on the wall where the TV is drawn on the napkin. That keeps all your seating and leaves room for a coffee table or ottoman (or two) in the middle of the room for the couches and chair.

And it should leave enough room for everyone on the center couch to get great sound.

So in the picture I posted in my first post, that is with the couch pulled all the way to the edge of that wall leading into the kitchen.  I added the end table in the drawing.  So as far back as I can pull that couch on that wall, it's ~15" away from that speaker with where I have the speakers currently sitting.   Also, in that drawing, the south wall and east wall have windows.  The first picture I attached is looking towards the east wall, so there are twice as many windows on the wall to my right from that viewpoint.

I might have the tv stand figured out.  I'm thinking I'll remake it (my original drawing was actually for a 43" TV, which has now been replaced with the 51") to my original specs.  My new idea is to attach two studs to the back side of the stand that I will use to attach a wall mount bracket, like this.  Then I'll place the center channel on top of the stand, and can extend the TV to just behind the front edge of the center speaker, at a height that has the bottom of the TV almost touching the speaker.  The speaker will hide the studs on the back side, and the ability to tilt will make the TV height a little more bearable.  Studs will be secured to the bottom shelf from underneath using heavy duty L brackets.  Lots of brads and wood glue will be used as well.  Thoughts?

• Like 1