Combine Refence fronts with Synergy SS-1 rears

James V

What do you think of this?? will I be loosing a lot of balance using only the SS-1 compared to the RS-3. Assuming I will run the RB-3 and RC-3ll up front. Or would it be smoother to run the RB-3's for the fronts and the Synergy's for the surround center and rears.

Again my issue is with the size and placement of the RS-3ll's.

Any similar combo's out there - all thoughts welcome

James

James - I would not suggest using a Synergy center channel with your Reference mains. They will not be a good tonal match.

As far as using Synergy in the rear, is that ideal? No. However, if that's what fits you best (size, budget, etc) it won't be the end of the world. I know people using Heritage speakers with Quintet rears. However, if you can handle the size and $, I'd put Reference all around for the best match.

DD

James,

When I initially purchased my RF-3 mains and RC-3 center I thought I'd save a little money and get the SS-1 surrounds. I was very dissapointed in the sound from the SS-1's, especially for music. I ended up going back to my dealer and upgrading to the RS-3 surrounds.

Marty

I'll have to agree with Marty. When I first started, I had RF-3 II fronts, RC-3 II center and SS-1s for surrounds. Yeah, it sounded pretty good and will work well if space and budget does not allow the RS-3s, but I wanted better and traded in the SS-1s for the RS-3s. Of course, I could not stop there and ended up trading the whole lot in for the Reference 7s :).