Static noise from R-15PM Powered Speakers

Jacky

I recently purchased R-15PM but noticed a very annoying issue. I can hear static noise (woo/sss) from the speaker when I am a couple of feet away from them. It feels like shielding is done properly.

Is this expected from this unit? By the way, this is the first time I bought Klipsch speakers and this obviously is not a good first impression.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, Jacky said:

I recently purchased R-15PM but noticed a very annoying issue. I can hear static noise (woo/sss) from the speaker when I am a couple of feet away from them. It feels like shielding is done properly.

Is this expected from this unit? By the way, this is the first time I bought Klipsch speakers and this obviously is not a good first impression.

I'm also experiencing this issue with the left speaker, like it's either been blown out or isn't getting enough power. I just submitted a ticket to Klipsch for some additional assistance.

• 4 months later...

I had static noise from BT input only. no issue from RCA input.

It was not issue on my phone because I tested with two other phones. It was not AC ground issue because I moved speakers to other places.

waiting for support to comment but this is the 2nd unit already.... driving me crazy