Wall speaker placement help

jlantz

I'm currently renovating my downstairs that is already wired for 7.1. The problem is the wires they ran are near the top of the wall next to the ceiling. I was planning to buy Klipsch cdt-2650 speakers since the tweeter and driver can be angled down. I just measured depth though and the rears only have 4" and the sides only around 2.5". That would leave me with the slim line that doesn't have angled tweeters or woofers. 

My ideas are as follows.

Remove the sides or use the slim-line. The current placement and wiring or the sides cannot be changed without lots of rework which I'm not willing to do.

For the rears I could make a  1/2" to 3/4" spacer out of wood to use the cdt-2650s or I could move the wiring lower to do in-wall Klipsch speakers which are 3.75" deep. Last option would be just using the slim line again but they would be near the top of the wall. I need to paint and I'm good at wood working so the spacer is not a concern to make. 

What do you guys think?

My fronts are RB-81s and a Klipsch in wall center. Yamaha receiver and emotive amp for the RB-81s.