Promedia 5.1 Buzzing in One channel only

Hi all, 

I am really stumped on my Promedia 5.1 speakers. There is one channel on the subwoofer where if I plug in the black speaker wire, the speaker gets an intense loud buzzing. If I swap out the wiring or speaker, the sound is consistent to that connection. By deduction, I've determined the issue has to be the subwoofer. The problem I'm having is when I open the sub, there's no clear damage or deterioration to any of the components. I've checked all the connections and cleaned them up with rubbing alcohol just in case; however; the buzzing still persists. Any ideas? Should I look for something specific? 

Thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 4:08 PM, biscuitcleaver said:

Hi all, 

I am really stumped on my Promedia 5.1 speakers. There is one channel on the subwoofer where if I plug in the black speaker wire, the speaker gets an intense loud buzzing. If I swap out the wiring or speaker, the sound is consistent to that connection. By deduction, I've determined the issue has to be the subwoofer. The problem I'm having is when I open the sub, there's no clear damage or deterioration to any of the components. I've checked all the connections and cleaned them up with rubbing alcohol just in case; however; the buzzing still persists. Any ideas? Should I look for something specific? 

Thanks!

Did you ever get this resolved?  If you did, what was the issue and the fix?  I have the same issue after moving.