Speaker Matching - Tangent Series

MarkAndrews

I have recently replaced some old components with new, but I am keeping my speakers. I have a pair of the Klipsch Tangent T40's and a pair of the T10's. The T40 's are awesome floor speakers, while the T10's are equally impressive bookshelf speakers. I want to modify the set-up to be a true surround system (5.1).

I see from the Speaker Matching Chart that I should add the sc-1 as the center channel and the ss-1 for the rear surrounds.

Here are my questions:

1. The chart doesn't list a sub. Do I not need a powered sub? The T40's are large and can push a lot of bass, but don't I need a separate channel for the best quality?

2. Are the T40's "overkill" in a HT set-up for the front channel?

2. Can I use the T10's as my rear surround, or are they better used in another room as B-channel speakers? Are they tuned correctly for the job of the rears?

Here's the rest of the set-up:

Sony STR DE 845

Sony DVP S560D

Sony tape deck

Sony cd changer

Thanks in advance for the help!!

The T 40's are rated to 42Hz,I'd add a sub for movies.They are 96 spl w/2 8's and a passive 12",so a KSW-15 or KSW-12 would do fine.

The T10's would work just fine for rears.

Don't know what you would do for a center,only the 40,30,and 300 used that tweeter.

The matching chart says the SC-1 for a center,it's rated at 95dB,it should work fine.I have one in my bedroom Ht and like it.