3D Printable Quintet IV Floor Stand Solution

Snausage

I bought a set of Quintet IV speakers as they were on a pretty good discount. I really liked the small form factor as I don't have a ton of space in my apartment. The only downside is that they don't use standard 1/4" mounting points and big heavy duty speaker floor stands seem like overkill (as well as being pretty expensive). I needed a way to put the surround speakers at head level behind my couch without punching holes in the wall.

So I ordered a pair of those very cheap Monoprice metal speaker stands that are meant for small speakers weighing less than 5lbs (pictured below in their stock configuration). They normally attach with a 1/4" screw, but I decided to utilize them a different way. I quickly designed and 3D printed little platforms that slide over top of the metal poles. Then for a bit of stability, I stuck the speakers down with double-sided 3M Command Strips.

Here's the downloadable design on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5177715

I'm just posting this because I had searched around a lot - seeking inexpensive, slim floor stands for these speakers and didn't have much luck. My hope is that if somebody else goes searching like I did, they may find this useful. Of course it does require that you, or someone you know, has a 3D printer.

efad83f5-d0da-4b3f-b315-2c480ee7a036.5d3c99ce8f9c9b4dde2416b4e19067bc.jpeg

Edited by Snausage
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I love your creative solution for mounting your Quintet IV speakers. It's always great to see how 3D printing can be used to solve real-world problems. I especially like that you were able to repurpose those cheap Monoprice metal speaker stands to work for your speakers. Your design on Thingiverse looks great and I'm sure it will be useful for others who are facing the same problem.

As a fellow 3D printing enthusiast, I also wanted to mention that I have the Creality Ender 3 myself and I purchased it from here. It's been a great printer for me so far and I've been able to create a lot of useful prints with it.

Thanks for sharing your solution and the downloadable design. Keep up the great work!