The Fives new Firmware Update. The Connect App doesn't retain the settings once turned off.

dcisive

After applying the new Fives updated Firmware, and loading the Updater, then uninstalling it per the directions, and then having uploaded the new "Klipsch Connect" app, I've noted that when I set the Equalizer and Subwoofer settings, then disconnect the bluetooth and end the Connect program, it is supposed to retain the EQ settings after you close down the programs. It does BUT if you turn the TV off, and then turn it on again the settings are GONE! You have to once again start the Bluetooth, Connect the "Klipsch Connect" program and while the EQ settings have remained they are not active, so I tap one of the 3 settings and it is restored once again. It simply doesn't activate unless you do this opening up of the app once again. I was under the impression that once it was set, inside of the Fives speakers the circuit would be set to your EQ settings and would NOT require you to consistently open up the Bluetooth, then the Connect app and go through these motions each and every time. That's a huge pain in the behind and doesn't make sense. It shold be retained by the circuitry in the speakers......no? Is mine having issues or does everyones work this way? Pretty sad if it is. Not convenient to say the least. At least once the EQ is set it does sound wonderful. In order however to remove the annoying muffled midrange and add air to the high end my Bass is literally all the way OFF. The Mids are set to -7 and the Highs are ALL the way up. It seems extreme but I've confirmed it's superb at this setting. Sadly it needed to be set so extremely to remedy the sound quality, but that's it. I've been an audiophile for over 50 years so I know it's right this way, just seems extreme. The "Flat" setting sounds like mud.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:41 PM, dcisive said:

After applying the new Fives updated Firmware, and loading the Updater, then uninstalling it per the directions, and then having uploaded the new "Klipsch Connect" app, I've noted that when I set the Equalizer and Subwoofer settings, then disconnect the bluetooth and end the Connect program, it is supposed to retain the EQ settings after you close down the programs. It does BUT if you turn the TV off, and then turn it on again the settings are GONE! You have to once again start the Bluetooth, Connect the "Klipsch Connect" program and while the EQ settings have remained they are not active, so I tap one of the 3 settings and it is restored once again. It simply doesn't activate unless you do this opening up of the app once again. I was under the impression that once it was set, inside of the Fives speakers the circuit would be set to your EQ settings and would NOT require you to consistently open up the Bluetooth, then the Connect app and go through these motions each and every time. That's a huge pain in the behind and doesn't make sense. It shold be retained by the circuitry in the speakers......no? Is mine having issues or does everyones work this way? Pretty sad if it is. Not convenient to say the least. At least once the EQ is set it does sound wonderful. In order however to remove the annoying muffled midrange and add air to the high end my Bass is literally all the way OFF. The Mids are set to -7 and the Highs are ALL the way up. It seems extreme but I've confirmed it's superb at this setting. Sadly it needed to be set so extremely to remedy the sound quality, but that's it. I've been an audiophile for over 50 years so I know it's right this way, just seems extreme. The "Flat" setting sounds like mud.

I have experienced the same issue. Without the eq the Fives sounds muffled, especially at lower volumes . By decreasing the mids, increasing the highs, the sound is great. But when you turn of the tv, the settings are gone.... Please Klipsch improve the software on this issue

I have YET to get an answer from Klipsch support on what gives with the inability of the Fives to retain the settings without the assistance from the app once EQ settings have been loaded. That's how it SHOULD be bur they must have missed the code or programing for some reason. It just makes it such a hassle to simply fire up my Sony Bravia and have the HDMI/ARC open up the program and audio correctly properly equalized. Otherwise it's muffled in the midrange. I guess I'm even more surprised they found it too difficult to make it at least a 5 band EQ instead of a mere 3 bands. It works find however, just a pain to have to start my phone's bluetooth, then open the app and activate all the settings over and over again. Surely that is NOT what was intended.

I sent them an e-mail about this issue, and got the response "Thank you for this feedback. I have forwarded this information to our software team to see if we can make this process better with future updates."

If they fix this issue it would be a massive improvement.