Acoustic Edge with 6.2

Sneezy200

So what do you think of the Philips Acoustic Edge? I'm planning on getting that card and setting up the 4.1 Pros and the 2.1 Pros as a center channel. If I were to do that, what would be the best way to temporarily switch to headphones? I'm guessing, although I may be wrong, that when using the two sets of speakers if I plug headphones into either one of the 2.1 sats or a 4.1 sat (with the new preamp when it's available) it will only deactivate that actual set of speakers. Until recently I was planning on getting the SB Plat. 5.1, but the outstanding reviews of the Philips card have changed my mind. In that switch, however, I'm also losing the live drive, which I was really looking forward to having. Just looking for your opinions, I won't be actually getting this setup ready for another couple of weeks, feel free to let me know if you have a better idea altogether, including if you think it's a better idea to stick with the Sound Blaster. One more thing, I was looking forward to using the optical TOS-out on the Live Drive II, are there any optical-out attachments available for the Philips card yet? Thanks for your help...

I have the Philips card and it is great! I replaced my SB Live Platnium 5.1 with the Philips and I am very happy. One thingto remember about the reviews up about the Philips card are they are all using the pre-release drivers. I am using Win2K and they are awesome...I am considering getting the 2.1's for a 6.2 set-up, but I may try for a 8.2 set-up instead...just got to figure how to connect them all....

BTW...the Philips card is only $76..

• 2 months later...