Progressive Scan Computer DVD Players

Mr. Blorry

Wow. It's been a long time since I've been on these boards--it's good to be back! OK, I had to move, and my living arrangements got much tighter. I don't have the room to hook up my big daddy TV, nor my KLF30s8.gif I do have my Heresys going strong though! I want to get a dvd player for my computer, because I do have a nice 19" Sony monitor, and my stereo is hooked up to the computer.

I can't seem to find any information on whether or not computer dvd players are progressive scan! I know that computer monitors will display the prog scan image, but will the dvd player send such an image? Also, can computer dvd players play dvd-audio or dts discs? I have a few of those just lying around unlistened to because my poor dvd player is in the attic! CRAP!

Anyone know the answers??

I'm pretty sure that almost all newer DVD software for PC displays a progressive scan image. The drive itself isn't the issue since all of the decoding and displaying is done through software. I use Power DVD and it displays a nice solid progressive scan image. Give it a whirl.