Hope this helps

lta9000

Tech2. I screwed up! I had the right, then left rear channel not working. You and I went through all the tests. Well, I contacted Customer support about returning the sub. Needless to say, I talked to a super lady (Robyn). I'm getting a new unit. Well, after I shipped the sub back, I hooked up my last system to the rear. Guess what? Left Channel out! I had tested out the system not too long before and it was fine. Since this was the rear, I had to determine if it was the sound card, or the wire. Soundcard is fine. I found a 6 foot length of wire at fault. Internal break I suppose. I feel really stupid, I know enough and should have checked. You probably have a very good sub returned to you. Customer is exceptional. Tech2, I don't like looking stupid, I'm sure you don't either. This is for you. If you see rear, maybe there are extensions involved. I have about 6 of those. The outside may seem ok, but the inside may not be. Should you see this problem again ask to hook it directly up. I'm sorry over all this. Just trying to lend a hand

John

• Moderators

I appreciate that...It certainly isn't easy for me when someone says "I have a channel out" because it can be caused by SO many different things! It's important to go over everything (speaker, wires, sub, soundcard, drivers, preamp, connections...etc), but sometimes I'll overlook something--and it's not easy since I can't actually see the set up myself.

You--as a ProMedia owner--are the best trouble shooter (as far as which part is causing the problem) for this type of system! I can offer suggestions, but it's how throughly things are looked at and double checked that makes the difference.

Thanks for your input.

--Amy