ok i just got my klipsch and NOW i hear the dreaded HISS

buliwyf

Before you order the CP-1, try this...turn up the Klipsch's fairly high so that you can definitely hear the hiss. Open up your soundcard's volume level control and move the main volume slider down all the way. Does the hiss go away? If it does, then your soundcard is the source of the hiss. Now try muting some of the devices attached to the soundcard like your CD-ROM's audio output to the soundcard, etc. Does some of the hiss go away? Chances are that your soundcard is the main culprit of hiss in the system, followed by the devices attached to it. I have a SoundBlaster Live (full version) and in doing this same test, I get plenty of hiss...and it's almost all soundcard related. If I bring the main volume down to zero, the Klipsch's are much quieter. Another thing to try is to plug the Klipsch's into a different audio source like a portable CD player/walkman/MP3 player or even your stereo system's CD player using the correct adapter. No system is absolutely free of hiss, especially in the electrically noisy environment of the PC. Try to rule out all possible sources of noise before you dish out $50 for the CP-1 which won't even help if you have a noisy soundcard.

Here's the link to order the CP-1: http://www.klipsch.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=1&pf%5Fid=018

• 1 month later...